2006_06_20t101948_361x450_us_arms_usa_missile.jpe

Before North Korea can launch an inter-continental ballistic missile at us (or Japan) we need to take preemptive action. A surgical strike with a B-2 may be called for. This situation is scary. I recall the letter my Uncle Max wrote to my grandparents right after Hiroshima. He was in the Army-Air Corps serving in the Pacific and flew over Nagasaki.

Here is what he wrote…….

Thank God the Japs didn’t have the atomic bomb. One bomb can do as much damage as six million infantrymen can do in four to five months. I know. I’ve seen what they can do. Nagasaki looks like a big black flat piece of slate.

************************

South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon said on Tuesday it was unclear whether Pyongyang had put fuel in its long-range Taepodong-2 missile but it was apparently on a launching pad.

U.S. officials say evidence such as satellite pictures suggest North Korea may have finished fuelling a ballistic missile for a test launch — which Washington, Seoul and Tokyo have said would present a grave threat to regional security.

It is not sure that they have put the fuel in the rockets but it seems to be sure that they have assembled these missiles in the launching pad,” Ban told reporters in Geneva.

*****************************

Must break in here to make a comment. I’m so thankful that Cousin It managed to go under cover in North Korea although I am unsure how all that hair didn’t attract attention.

*****************************

Ban called on North Korea not to carry out reported plans to test the long-range missile and return to six-party talks aimed at dismantling its nuclear programs.

North Korea’s motive might be that it wanted to show it could deliver potential nuclear weapons by ballistic missile as a “bargaining chip” in the talks, particularly with the United States, he added.

***********************

It’s a good thing President Bush ignored the wails and cries of the Banshee Democrats and continued the Missile Defense System………

***********************

The United States has moved its ground-based interceptor missile defense system from test mode to operational amid concerns over an expected North Korean missile launch, a U.S. defense official said on Tuesday.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed a Washington Times report that the Pentagon has activated the system, which has been in the developmental stage for years.

It’s good to be ready,” the official said.

***********************

Breaking in again. That has to be the biggest understatement ever uttered.

***********************

U.S. officials say evidence such as satellite pictures suggests Pyongyang may have finished fueling a Taepodong-2 missile, which some experts said could reach as far as Alaska.

“There’s real caution in how to characterize it so as to not be provocative in our own approach,” the defense official said of the move to activate the system.

The Pentagon and State Department have said a North Korean missile launch would be seen as “provocative.”

While military officials also note the United States has a limited missile defense system, they have so far declined to comment on any details about the capabilities or potential use of the system to intercept a North Korean missile.

(Additional reporting by Kristin Roberts)

*****************

At least send them a scare through the message traffic. And for once use the MSM for the good of our country.